Kid's Dentistry Insurance
The benefits provided by a growing number of dental insurance plans make pediatric dental care more accessible, but coverage rules and policies are often confusing. We will do all that we can to help you receive the maximum coverage you are entitled to under your plan, but we are not able to negotiate coverage rates or secure payment for treatment that your plan does not cover.
Please be aware that most dental insurance plans do not cover 100% of the treatment provided. While we will attempt to help you receive your full insurance benefits, you are personally responsible for your account.
We encourage you to contact us if your policy has not been paid within 30 days, as you will be billed for any treatment costs not covered by your insurance.
Children’s Dental Center is a preferred provider for Delta Dental, Cigna, Ameritas, Aetna, MetLife, Principal, Assurant and Tenn Care, but we accept most insurances, and will submit all insurance claims for you for your convenience. As with medical insurance, different plans will cover different levels and amount of dental care. Before you choose to go forward with dental treatment for your child, be aware that:
- Some plans will cover as little as 10% or as much as 100% of dental expenses, but most average somewhere between 50% and 80%.
- Some plans have large deductibles that must be paid by you before insurance coverage can begin, while others have smaller deductibles or none at all.
- Some plans will exclude entire categories of dental services, such as orthodontics or cosmetic, while others cover the whole range of services offered.
Your treatment plan will include a breakdown of all estimated applicable fees, and we will always inform you of an estimate of your costs due before we treat your child.
For your convenience, we also accept cash, checks, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover. Payment is expected at the time of treatment, and we offer financing through CareCredit to help make treatment more affordable.
Our dental services are provided for your child with an explicit understanding that all charges incurred are your personal financial responsibility as a parent or guardian. Our office has no control whatsoever over the benefits provided by your employer’s or union’s dental insurance.
You may, on occasion, be disappointed to discover that certain services are not covered by your plan or are covered to a lesser degree than you anticipated. While we share your concern, please keep in mind that your dental insurance was selected by your employer or union.
If you are unhappy with your plan’s benefits, please express your dissatisfaction directly to your employer or union. Only they have the power to purchase a more comprehensive dental insurance plan for you.
The following office guidelines have been developed to answer some of your questions about dental insurance:
- You child’s dental treatment is based upon your child’s dental health care needs and the professional judgment of our doctors. Treatment recommendations are not based on whether specific procedures are covered or not by insurance. You will always be presented with the treatment plan that best addresses your child’s dental health care needs.
- As a courtesy to you, our staff will complete and send all your insurance claims forms. If you receive any forms, please pass them on to our staff.
- Your co-payment (or out of pocket expenses) will be estimated in advance of treatment. This co-payment represents our best estimate of the difference between your plan’s coverage and our charges for your child’s dental treatment.
- Once treatment is complete and all insurance payments are received, we will reconcile your account. Any overpayments by you will be refunded to you; any underpayment is your obligation.
- If you ever need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, we need a 24 hours notice. If your child wakes up sick, please call us as soon as you know that they are not available to come in.
- Please try to be on time for your appointments, if you are running late please call us so that we can plan accordingly.
- If you are unable to make your appointment, always call us. Do not just break the appointment without prior notice, as this will constitute as a failed appointment. After three failed appointments, you may be dismissed from the practice.
- Payment is due upon procedure. If your child is coming alone or without their guardian, please send them with a form of payment.
Notice of Non-Discrimination
We comply with applicable federal civil rights laws, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Translation & Interpretive Assistance
We strive to help all patients feel comfortable. If you communicate in a non-English language, language assistance services, free of charge, are available to you when you come. We also have several Spanish translators on our staff.